Monday, November 3, 2008

Quilting, Sewing, Fabric... OBSESSED



Okay, I am obsessed! I can't stop looking at blogs about quilting. I am fascinated by the talent of so many! I have so many ideas that I want to make but I can't seem to get off the computer and get started! I have promised my niece that I'll make her a quilt for Christmas. She, after seeing a quilt I made for my brand new nephew, told me that she wanted a quilt that was pink & purple with butterflies & flowers. She just assumed that I could do it. Isn't that just like a child? They never doubt that their parents, aunts, uncles, or grandparents can just do exactly what they asked for. She didn't know that the quilt that I made for Isaac was from a kit, and that somebody else picked out the fabric for me. That I didn't make the pattern or anything. She just politely said what she wanted, and that I could give it to her for Christmas! Well, I have searched far and wide for a fabric that would meet her demands. I finally found Butterfly Fling by Moda, and it works perfectly. I am going to try to copy a pattern from Sherri that she made from a charm pack.


While I was searching for fabrics today, and reading my friend, Val's blog. I found SeeKatieSew. She has a wonderful giveaway this week (that I hope I win). Go on over to her blog and register to win!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Yes, I am obsessed with fabric too! Thanks for checking out the Secret Stitch blog. It's great to see what other's are up to!

heidi @ ggip said...

When I bought my sewing machine, I thought I might try quilting (it has some quilting attachment) but I have barely learned how to do basic sewing so that hasn't happened.

I love the fabrics you have, so open to possibilities!

Val said...

Yes, you have the bug! I remember when you just wanted a sewing machine and now look at you! I love ya! Thanks for linking to me. That is so sweet.