Thursday, April 24, 2008

My First Homemade Purse

Charlie went out of town today for a company trip. He'll only be gone overnight, but it gave me a little time to finish up a project I found over at The Happy Housewife. I still haven't mastered the sewing machine so most of it I sewed by hand.

The Placemat with Pink Ribbon attached
I attached the ribbon with heavy duty double stick hem tape. The kind you iron on.


After I sewed the sides togetherAfter I sewed the corners into triangles

The purse before I attached the handles

The Finished Product


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Do you mind if I link to it on my blog? You did a great job! I love the color choices! That is awesome!

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness it's adorable, I want it LOL

Love the colors you picked, it's just way too cute. Good job!

Val said...

Krista! You are so good! I am impressed. Where did you get this idea? I love it!

Krista said...

I got the idea from The Happy Housewife's website

Alice Grace said...

Beautiful! Great job!

Mississippi Songbird said...

That's just Beautiful!
I'll have to check out the website.. Now, I want to make one..lol
Have a great Evening!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I am in love and want one. Do you mind if I link you on my blog?

Heather & Chaos said...

Ok this is ADORABLE! And since I don't own a sewing machine - you have showed me I can so do this project! THANKS!!!