Thursday, April 3, 2008

Is it Thursday again?

Wow, is it Thursday again already?

It has been a very eventful week, and it isn't even over yet! I am so looking forward to Saturday. An entire day to myself, doing nothing.... Oh wait, just kidding!! I've already planned to do 3 things before our Saturday evening church service! I don't know how I'll fit everything in... Something will have to be postponed.

That is just like me. I always think I can do so many things, and then I don't get everything done. It frustrates me to no end... I am not very realistic about time. Yes, I mean time in general. Like, if I wake up at 9, why can't I cook breakfast, clean up the kitchen afterwards, wash a couple of loads of clothes, cook lunch and clean up afterwards, do my normal cleaning on the house, go the eye doctor for a new pair of glasses, go to the dry cleaners, get a haircut, all before 5pm. Is that too much in one day? Not really, but what I forget to factor in, is my husband's plans or lack thereof. Charlie never makes plans or maybe he does and he doesn't tell me. Oh well, that is what I look forward to doing this Saturday. I'll let you know on Monday how it worked out for me.

Well, back to my week... Saturday our entire family worked in the house, rearranging furniture, and setting up a bedroom for my brother. I turned my office into his bedroom. Then, Charlie preached at a youth revival on Saturday night at a church in Knoxville. This past Sunday was the Fifth Sunday so our church has a special Bring A Friend Day and dinner. So, you may ask what does that have to do with you? Well, my wonderful son volunteered me to make homemade barbecue pork for dinner. Yes, that is enough barbecue for over 100 people! Now I love to cook, but after my Saturday I was so tired that I almost forgot. Here I go at 11pm into the Kroger trying to find Boston Butt Pork Roast!!! I woke up at 6:30 the next morning with Charlie saying "Do you smell that?" I almost burst into tears because I thought I'd burnt the pork. But thank the Lord, it was just the Roaster doing it's thing. (The roaster makes a funny smell when you cook in it but the food tastes great!) Then, Our Pastor started a special revival on Sunday night that ran through last night. My days have been full. I leave for work around 8, get back home after work around 6, be at church by 7, and then get back home around 9 or 9:30....aaarrrrggghhhh

I am already going to predict that my Saturday will not go as planned because I am going to sleep all day!!!

I also found out last night that my sister is having a baby!!! I know this is just a teaser, but I think that this kind of news deserves it's own post!

I know maybe I can do that Saturday too...

2 comments:

Mari said...

I plan like that too - and then have so much to do I can't do it all! Congrats on the new niece of nephew!

Val said...

Krista, you have made me so tired! Ha! I thought my day was busy. I hope you get your Saturday. You deserve it.