Friday, April 4, 2008

I woke up this morning feeling fine...

I woke up this morning feeling fine! I woke with Heaven on my mind! I woke up with Joy in my soul, because I knew my Lord had control.

That is the beginning words to a song that I love. I really did wake up this morning with Joy. I am so happy that it is Friday. I am looking forward to this weekend. We have a very special weekend planned at our local church in Claxton. Saturday night we are having a baptizing service, and then Sunday morning we will have a Communion service. I don't have adequate words to describe what this means to me...

I found on another website a Pastor saying "Communion is a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and a reminder that this resurrection power is to animate our lives as we do the work of the kingdom." I am so thankful that the Lord gave his life for me. I am thankful that through his crucifixion & resurrection he provided me a way to Heaven. I am also thankful for Men of God that have preached the gospel to me so that I can understand it.

I feel so unworthy of what Jesus did for me. In a world where desire, lust, acceptance, and approval are often mistaken for love how do you explain a love that does not measure your worth? In a world were people cover up their mistakes and problems is it really possible that God still shows his compassion and his grace. Absolutely!

I can tell you God has always had time for me. I can tell you I am very thankful God did not see fit to give me all I desired or deserved and that He has not treated me according to the ways I have sometimes treated him or others. I can tell you what God has done in my life and the healing he has brought but then I know he has done much more than I can see, know, touch, feel or hear because He’s been everywhere at all times.

Isn't God good?

2 comments:

Mississippi Songbird said...

After this long day here at work.. I really needed this post. You have blessed my heart, so thank you.. I hope you have a wonderful weekend...

Val said...

This is so wonderful. I loved reading this. I, too am excited about this weekend at church. I love the song you described.