Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Little Is Much

I have been taught as a small child to work in the church. Whether you may be a door greeter, a church custodian, a singer in the choir, the sound man or whatever the Lord calls you to do then do it with all your might. I have tried to pass that along to my children too. But, if you've ever been involved in church work then you know that it is a thankless job. Most of the time if someone comes to talk to you about a job you've done in the church then it is probably because you did something wrong not because you've done something right. Sometimes our jobs seem so small, and little known. Today I have been thinking of that, and this song came to my mind. No matter what the job or how small it is if God is in it then our Praise will come from him on that last day when he says enter in! I want to hear him say Welcome Home My Child, Well Done! It will all be worth it on that day!

In the harvest field now ripened,
There's a work for all to do.
Hark, the master's voice is calling,
To the harvest calling you.

Does the place you're called to labor
Seem so small and little known?
All is great if God is in it,
And He'll not forsake His own.

Little is much when God is in it.
Labor not for wealth or fame.
There's a crown and you can win it,
If you go in Jesus' name.

When the conflict here has ended
And our race on earth is run,
He will say, if you are faithful,
"Welcome home, my child, well done."

3 comments:

Mari said...

I was brought up the same as you because my parents taught us the same. Good song!

Val said...

This is so true! Thanks for sharing. I hate conflict. It will be worth it after while!

Carliea said...

I love when you sing this song at church it is always a blessing to me. It is hard when you try to do work for God and it always seems like someon finds fault with it but I feel like at least I am doing something even if I am not perfect God will make up for my imperfections.