Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Time Flies

Isn't it odd how sometimes it feels like the days drag by, and then other times it feels like you blink and an entire week is gone?

That is how last week was for me. I spent much of the week attempting to "get over" the fair. We had a good time and made a decent amount of money for our first attempt at being carnies, but the strength it drain from you is horrific! Charlie worked his normal job and then would come to the fair to work with me. Then this last week he had to go to Atlanta for a regional meeting on Tuesday night, and then drive all the way back on Wednesday night to be at work at his normal time on Thursday morning. Needless to say Charlie's immune system was down, and he is now sick. Since Thursday afternoon I've been playing nurse. The doctor said he has pneumonia, and sinusitis. He seems to be doing better today, but he is isn't returning to work until tomorrow.

I don't have much time to post today, but I just wanted everyone to know that I made it through the fair! I am doing well, and just pray I don't get sick next!



This is a picture of our booth at the fair! Isn't my pig the cutest you've ever seen?

5 comments:

Mari said...

You booth looks nice and your pig is adorable! Glad you did well and I sure hope Charlie is better fast!

Tammi said...

Your booth is cute but not as cute as the pig. My dh and dd are sick here but so far I have been spared. Thank the good Lord!

Val said...

Oh Krista, I am so sorry to hear that Charlie is sick. He better get better soon. Tell him we will pray for him. I bet you worked so hard. I am so proud of you. Email me sometime. I think I told you that I bought a new computer so I don't have your email in this one.

heidi @ ggip said...

I'm so glad you posted a picture of your booth! It looks really great-homecooking sort of way.

I'm sorry to hear your husband is ill! I hope he is better by now. And I hope you both do "get over" the fair!

Jen said...

I just love the picture. I know you are having a blast.....enjoy it girl you deserve it!