Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Working Hard at the Fair

First of all, this is not Krista blogging today. This is her 8 months pregnant not-so-little sister posting an update. She is really busy with all of this fair stuff. I'm sure by now she never wants to smell or make BBQ sandwiches again. Krista spent all last week preparing for the fair and that was hard work in itself. This past Friday night was the opening night. So she has literally been at the fair grounds almost every waking hour since then. From what I understand she has done fairly well in her sales. Let's all keep praying for her and her family; they really need it. Not only to make the extra money, but just to give her strength to get through the next 6 days. Charlie, her husband, is working his normal job and helping her out at night. Trevlyn and Beth are also helping out as needed. Her whole family is really going the extra mile to try to make this successful. And, yes, even I, her 8 months pregnant not-so-little sister have offered my services. Of course, everyone acts like that is the most unheard of thing, but I feel rather confident in my ability to waddle down to the Fair Grounds and sell some BBQ sandwiches.

I know that I'm not quite the eloquent writer Krista is, but I hope I have given you an adequate update. I hope all of her blogger friends are having a great day. Like I asked before, just pray for Krista and her family. Perhaps she will have time to post soon, but if she doesn't you may hear from me again!

4 comments:

Mari said...

Thanks for the update! I'll be praying for a successful week for Krista!

Jen said...

I'm praying for he as well and wish her all the luck in the world....

Val said...

I am praying too. Krista will do great. She is so good at everything she does. Tell her when she gets time, I have given her an award. She can go to my blog and pick it up.

heidi @ ggip said...

Thank you for the update! I hope the whole thing goes really well. I'm sure everyone will be so tired though.