Monday, September 1, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook - September 1, 2008



For more of these cute books visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.


Outside my window... The sun is shining, and the leaves are gently swaying in the wind. Ahhh, the beginning of Autumn!


I am thinking... how exciting the next two weeks are going to be.


I am thankful for... a husband who can fix anything!


From the kitchen... barbecue pork & apple cobbler.


I am wearing... blue basketball shorts, one of Charlie's t-shirts, and flip flops. Very comfortable outfit. I love to steal his clothes.


I am reading... I need to make a stop by the library. I don't have anything to read! Not sure I'll have time to read, but I always like to have a good book to calm my nerves.


I am hoping... for pretty weather during the fair. Not too hot, Not too cold, just right!


I am creating... a white eyelet baby blanket. I only have 2 more blankets to go, and I am done.


I am hearing... the neighbor mowing his lawn.


Around the house... I have a few loads of laundry to get done today, and a little straightening up to do. That is about all I'll get done for a while, other than cooking and trying to make sure I have everything ready for the fair!


One of my favorite things... watching fireworks. We went with our kids, and some friends from church to Boom's Day last night. The fireworks were awesome, and it was my first time to see them in person. I usually just watch it on TV.


A few plans for the rest of the week... Cooking, Cooking, Cooking, a little sewing, packing up for the fair, a library run, and I guess that is it.


Here is my picture thought for the day!

Just a few more weeks and our beautiful smoky mountains will look like this! I love it! Fall is my favorite time of the year. I wonder why? Maybe because my birthday is in the fall....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture! I would like to visit there in the fall someday. Here in Maine, we get nice color as well.

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com

Sandra said...

What a beautiful picture :)

I enjoyed reading your daybook :)

My Daybook Entry

Jen said...

I like your picture thought..I love fall as well. Good luck this week with all your cooking. Enjoy it.

Val said...

Beautiful day. Good luck at the fair! Love ya! Val

Renee said...

Wonderful daybook! I loved your picture ~ fall is my favorite season of the year. Thanks for stopping by.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/