Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MRI is over!!

Well, it's over! Thank the Lord!

Today at 9:30 I went to Fort Sanders for a MRI of the Brain...doesn't that just sound scary?!? I have been praying about my health and I know that if the Lord brings me to it...then he'll bring me through it, right?

Mostly I was just scared about actually having the MRI. Several years ago my husband was in a really horrible car accident and had to have several MRIs done. He had a panic attack while in the machine the first time. I was scared that I would not be able to stand it for the entire time that it took to have the test.

So what do we do when we have doubts? we call on our friends and family to pray. I called everyone that I know and asked them to pray for me today around 10am. I made a list (LOL hahahaha) of the things that I could think about while I was in the machine. Doesn't that just sound crazy? I am really getting into sewing and making things so in my mind I was putting together different fabrics for blankets. Then what happens?? I ran out of things to think about. I had already thought of everything on my list! I really had planned this out and thought that I would have 30 minutes of contemplating, but NO!! What do you think I did?

don't laugh....I started counting! yes, counting...I was thinking that I probably should only have about 5 minutes left so I started counting. Needless to say I didn't make it to 300 before the nurse told me that the test was over!

whhhhooooowwwww....thank goodness! I never want to do that again! I think I'll hear those noises for the rest of my life....beep beep beep boop boop boop MAAAWWWW MMMAAWWW over and over and over....

My doctor should receive the test results in 48 business hours, and if he thinks that I need to come in before my appointment on July 7 then his office will call me. Let's all pray that nothing is wrong with the test results and I don't have to go in till July 7!

Thank you all for praying for me!

1 comment:

Val said...

You know that I was there with you in spirit through prayer. I am still praying for the results. I am believing. I am so excited about you sewing. Have you sewn on the machine yet? I love it.