Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sugar Free Apple Butter

For more slow cooker recipes or to link to your great recipe, visit Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

Fill crockpot 2/3 full with sliced/cored apples (I do not peel mine because of the vitamins)
I use several types of apples - Granny Smith, Yellow Delicious, and any type of cooking apples.
Add:
3 cups splenda
4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp Mortons
Lite salt
Fill crockpot heaping full and add 1 more cup splenda.
Start on high for a little while and then turn to low for 7-9 hours.
Put in blender or food processor until smooth.
Can it in a water bath or put in containers and give to family and neighbors.
(This is a great Christmas gift with a loaf of homemade bread!)

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Ohhh I LOVE apple butter, thank you so much for sharing this :)

Stephanie ODea said...

this sounds wonderful! I've wanted to try apple butter.
-steph

Anonymous said...

Apple butter tastes so good. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

This looks good. Thank you for sharing.

MJ

Renee said...

What a fabulous ideal for gift giving and a great recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

heidi @ ggip said...

I've heard of making apple butter in the crock pot but I've never done it before. I don't know why, but I only have cooked main dishes. I REALLY intend on doing some of the desserts and stuff like this.

:) Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe, I have an excess of apples right now!