Thursday, February 28, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes

I'm sure that you've all heard that statement used. Well, It never has been more true to me than the other day. My daughter, yes my baby, was reading my new blog. When she finished reading she said "Mom, you've got it all wrong! You don't say, When Life Gives you Lemons, Make Lemonade! You should say, When Life Gives you Lemons, Make Grape Juice and let people wonder how you did it!"

So, I started thinking about that. She took something that I say and made it her own. It is still all about taking a problem and making something good out of it. I am very open and honest with my children. I guess that comes from having them so young. I told them yesterday that I wanted them to know my mistakes so they wouldn't make the same ones. My brilliant son said "But Mom, we may still do the same things that you did not because we want to make a mistake but because we think maybe if we changed one thing then there will be a different outcome." So, that goes back to me making lemonade and Beth making grape juice! We all have different ways of coping with problems and adversities, but we should all try to turn it around and create an opportunity.

1 comment:

Val said...

I just loved this! Your kids are something else! They are special. You will find out that through your blog, they will know you better.