Saturday, March 1, 2008

I Praise Your Name

I often have trouble sleeping at night. Throughout the night, I clinch my teeth, wake up for no obvious reason, and sometimes I even have nightmares. I worry through the night about things that are so obviously out of my control. Today I am sitting at my father's house in St. Pete Florida. He is scheduled to have Triple Bypass Surgery on Monday. I have prayed about his health and I know that the Lord has it all under control, but I still worry.

So, this morning I got online and started looking for devotionals that might help me. I found a wonderful blog called While You Were Sleeping on http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com and it really helped me. It reminded me of a song that I sing with the choir at Claxton. I thought I might rehearse it here and it would help someone that might be going through the same thing.

I Bless Your Name by Selah
In prisoners' chains
With bleeding stripes
Paul and Silas prayed that night
And in their pain began to sing
Their chains were loosed
And they were free
I bless Your Name
I bless Your Name
I give You honor, give You praise
You are the Life, the Truth, the Way
I bless Your Name
I bless Your Name
Some midnight hour
If you should find
You're in a prison in your mind
Reach out and praise
Defy those chains
And they will fall
In Jesus' Name
We bless Your Name
We bless Your Name
We give You honor, give You praise
You are the Life, the Truth, the Way
We bless Your Name
We bless Your Name
You are the Life, the Truth, the Way
We bless Your Name
We bless Your Name

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

1 comment:

Val said...

Beautiful Krista, just beautiful. I want to hear how your dad is. We have been praying for him. Actually the whole Dalton Church prayed for him yesterday. I am praying for you too.