Thursday, January 19, 2012

Get back in the swing

of things.

I've recently been laid off from work so I am now officially a stay at home wife/mom. Not sure I can claim 'recently' since it happened November 30th. December was easy because we were so busy with the holidays. Both church & personal events kept me super busy, but then January arrived. Everything I wanted to do overwhelmed me. I had put off so many things until January that I just don't know where to begin. Today it is January 19th and I don't know what I've accomplished. Oh, my house is clean and my laundry is done. Dinner is made every night. I wake up every morning with my hubby to make his breakfast & lunch. However I just can't get into the swing of this. I look at the mountains of things I want to accomplish and I feel like I can't climb over them.

I do better with a plan so I started planning my days with my Franklin Covey and that seemed to help but not for long. Then I remembered Fly Lady from when I wasn't working before and tried to do follow the plan. Cleaning just isn't my problem, and yes, I have plenty to do. My children are self-sufficient, as they should be since they are both in college. From time to time they'll ask me to help them with something but usually I very rarely even see them. They are extremely busy with work & school. Charlie is happy as long as he has breakfast, lunch & dinner, all his clothes are in the closet where he can find them easily and the house is clean. Well, all those things are done and still I feel like I am stumbling along.

This afternoon I found a wonderful post from Abby over at a Feathered Nest. (For some reason blogger won't let me link to her blog) but in this post she talked about getting her groove on. She created and shared a printable for a to-do list and on the top was Prayer. Can you believe I have been leaving this off my to-do list? I talk to the Lord throughout the day, read devotionals, and spend a lot of time meditating on His Word. However, I think I need to go back to the basics and start my day on my knees.

Pray for me that I'll get back into the swing of things.

1 comment:

Val said...

Wow. This is the same thing I was dealing with until I started that Bible Study online. My priorities were messed up. We are so much alike!!! I just love you. I love your Mom too. Tell her that I said hello!!!