Thursday, February 2, 2012

Peace


Peace...When you have it everything in life can be overcome.  God gives you peace.  I received an email today from an old co-worker about peace.  I hope you enjoy it too.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Every time I read that verse I think of a magnificent prayer that hangs on the wall over our computer.  It also reminds me of the words of our Savior Jesus Christ for he said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

Therefore I pray that; "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:7

I will share with you that magnificent prayer that I mentioned.

Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your Peace!
Where there is hatred - let me sow love
Where there is injury - pardon
Where there is doubt - faith
Where there is despair - hope
Where there is darkness - light
Where there is sadness - joy

O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled - as to console
To be understood - as to understand
To be loved - as to love
For it is in giving - that we receive
It is in pardoning - that we are pardoned   
It is in dying - that we are born to Eternal Life.

2 comments:

Val said...

Oh Krista!!! I miss you too!!! And I am glad to see you posting. I took a little break but I am back!!! Love you much!

kilikulu said...

Nice sayings. With love from far away ~ kelly/Malaysia.