Sunday, January 2, 2011

Remember Me

A few weeks ago Charlie preached on living for the Lord, and in doing so you are able to ask him for what you need. His message was on "Remember Me". He referenced the place in the Bible where Hezekiah was about to die. The prophet Isaiah came to his house to give him the message to set his house in order that was he was going to die. Hezekiah immedately begin to pray. His words to the Lord were "I beseech thee, O Lord, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight." II Kings 20:1-4

The next day I begin to search in the Bible for places where it says "Remember Me". The first that I found is in Judges 16:28 "And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes."

Then in 1 Samuel 1:11 Hannah is praying to God begging him for a child. "And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head."

In Job 14:13 "O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!"

There are many others but the one common thread among these people is that they were all servants of the Lord. They were faithful to God. I want to live in a way that in my time of need I can ask God to "Remember Me!"

No comments: