Sunday, January 2, 2011

Expecting

Acts 3:5 "And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them."



The quote above is on the wall at my chiropractor's office. I was reminded of this picture as my Pastor preached this morning on "expecting".

I went out to church this morning with the same renewed excitement that I wrote about yesterday. I was expecting a blessing! We hadn't been to church since the Wednesday before Christmas because of the weather and sickness so I felt like a kid going to the toy store! I wasn't disappointed. The Lord was very present in our service.

Our preacher started his message this morning in Acts 3:1-8. It is the story of a man who was lame from birth. Someone carried him to the temple gate so he could beg for alms as people entered the temple. Peter and John were walking through the gate when the man asked them for alms. He asked expecting to receive something of them. He didn't think he would be turned down. He was positive that he would receive something from the men but he didn't realize that on this day he would be healed. Peter told the man that they didn't have any money but that he would give him what he had. He said "In the name of Jesus rise up and walk." After he was healed he immediately stood up and entered the temple. He was walking, leaping, and praising God!

Our new word for the year is EXPECT! We will enter in to each day expecting something from God. He is our heavenly Father, and will not forsake us. Do you need something from God? Have you asked him for it? Do you expect it? I do! I am living my life for the Lord and I expect to receive his blessings. The biggest thing to remember are that blessings are not always monetary. The best blessings are spiritual. As a Child of God you can expect to receive blessings from him. You can expect for him to answer your prayers. You can expect for him to give you all that you need. Best of all you can expect when this life is over to receive a home in Heaven.


Go tomorrow EXPECTING...

No comments: