Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Quilts to make in 2009

Hannah's quilt was a hit! I'm sorry I don't have pictures. Believe it or not I forgot to take my camera and so I don't have a picture of the finished quilt. My sister-in-law has promised to get me a picture of Hannah with the quilt. I hope I get it soon so I can share with you. I saw Hannah last night at my brother's birthday party, and she told me she has slept with her new quilt every night since Christmas. She really loves it. When she opened it she said "It's just want I wanted!" Granted she said that with every present she opened...

My sister-in-law, Heather, has asked for a quilt next. She is so funny. She told me I could even make her a baby quilt too! I guess she thought that was all I could make. I am going to try to make her a Black, White & Red quilt using Amanda Jean's pattern. I think it will work beautifully in her living room.

I also want to make Beth a quilt using the same pattern, but using Brown & Turquoise. I already have the fabric for Beth's quilt. I just haven't been able to come up with a pattern.

I also want to make Charlie a Georgia Bulldogs quilt. He loves the Bulldogs. I found a blog where someone made their son/grandson a Bulldogs quilt but I can't find it now.

I would also like to make Trevlyn a quilt, but I don't have any ideas yet on colors or patterns.

I think it would be neat to make them all at least Twin size, and then make a pillow case to match. So, that is 4 quilts, and I still have Mother's too. I have her material and her pattern. I am planning on having hers ready by her birthday, which is March 16. I would like to have Beth's ready by her birthday too, which is March 18. So, lofty goals....

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love quilts as well....I esp like the ones you can snuggle up on the couch with.

Mari said...

If you are taking names to make quilts for - you can add mine! :)
Actually, I think you are wonderful to make quilts for your friends and family!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Quilts ! What a great gift.... I just stopped in to wish you a VERY Happy and Wonderful New Year!
Bunches of hugs....

Carliea said...

Oh, I am so glad Hannah loved her quilt. I bet she was so cute opening her presents. Heather is so funny, she would even take a baby quilt? I'm glad to see you are well. Happy New Year!