Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Life Changes but Also Stays the Same

Sunrise from My Kitchen Window

Three years have passed and WOW has life changed!  I have experienced extreme grief and extreme happiness.  I was reading back over my blog posts from years gone by today and thought about how life changes but so many things stay the same.  The one constant is God!


I have always been a positive person, hence the name of my blog, When Life Gives You Lemons...Make Lemonade!  Not to say that my life isn't full of sour lemons, but I have the sweetener (my positive attitude).  However, the last three years have been very sour and at times I have not reacted with a positive attitude.   My Mother always taught us this saying "Everything's Going to be All Right."  That was her answer anytime we brought her a hard situation.  We knew she would pray and everything would be all right! 


As I was reading through old blog posts I found this quote "FEAR is Forgetting Everything's All Right!"  I realized as I was reading it that for the last three years I have allowed myself to be consumed by fear.  Fear of the unknown and fear of the known. 


I hear an echo today "Fret Not, Krista."  Today my heart is hurting as it seems to when I think of my Dad who passed away in November 2017.  He always knew just what to say to encourage me! 


One day everything really will be alright and until then I'll keep holding on.  Even though we can't stop the lemons from falling, we can determine a better way in which we handle those lemons!  I am going to dig deep and find the sweet spot of life, and that is in God! 



No comments: