Thursday, October 18, 2012

All in a Day of a Housewife

Click here to check out my newest creations on my craft business blog. 
What do you do all day?  I hear this question all the time.  I can even remember asking SAHM/W this question myself when I worked full time outside of the home.  I say it that way because I still feel like I work full time but I very rarely leave my house!  I actually probably work more now.  Now that I am a housewife I kind of chuckle when I hear that question.

So what have I done today.  It's 12:30 and I've already made breakfast then cleaned up the kitchen, made homemade laundry detergent, canned homemade apple butter, scheduled an installation appointment for DH, washed 2 loads of clothes, and now I'm eating my lunch and typing up a blog post.

Woosh.... I'm tired!

Actually the rest of my day is fully scheduled too!

After I finish my sandwich I have 2 embroidery orders to fill, and then I need to get started on the many things that I have to make before the Tinsel & Treasure show.

Charlie asked me this morning if I was happy just being his housewife.  I just smiled and said I love it!  I couldn't ask for more.  He then said but we don't have as much as we had when we were both working.  I asked him if that bothered him.  He of course said NO and that he loved having me at home.  I then reminded him that things are not important to me and never have been.  As long as he is good with it then I am very happy.  I feel like the Lord has me just where he wants me to be.

We don't have the things that we used to have.  We don't eat out as often.  I haven't been to the mall in months.  You know what?  I don't care!  I love saving us money by making our laundry detergent.  I love grocery shopping knowing that the meals I make are healthy.  I love the sense of accomplishment I get by managing the office side of Charlie's business.  I schedule his appointments, create & send in the invoices, and manage all the office stuff.  I guess my 'job' with Singleton Services gives me my office fix that I need every once in a while.

I also love that I have time to create things.  I love to sew and I really like knowing that my creations are going to someone special.  I put my heart & soul into every item that I make.

My children, although in college, act like they like me being at home too.  They come home every day and sit in the kitchen just to talk to me.  I feel like I'm more involved in their lives then I've ever been.  I no longer make their decisions but I do pray with them and for them as they are making decisions that will effect the rest of their lives.  I know that they love the home cooked meals that await them.

Well, my sandwich is gone and it's time for me to get back to work.

~Good Day to you all and Many Blessings,
Krista

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Krista, I just wanted to say that your blog is great. I came across your blog while googling blogs that are similar to mine with the theme of "When Life Gives You Lemons..." Your stood out to me.

Also, I find it really cool that you make your own laundry detergent. It actually makes me wonder how much money is spent on ingredients and how much money you actually save. Hope the coffee moderation went well!

Val said...

Love this post!!!! Being a homemaker is the best, most important job ever!!!!!