Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reynolds Handi Vac

This year I am trying to save money by freezing my fresh fruits & vegetables that I get from my in-laws. I don't have a garden but they do. I don't know how to 'can' and buying all the equipment necessary to do so would negate the whole saving money point. I've been looking at vacuum sealers as an alternative, but they are also very expensive. I found some reviews on the Reynolds Handi-Vac; some were favorable others not so much. What I'd like to find out is if any of you have used the Reynolds product and if you recommend it.

I appreciate your help!

3 comments:

Melanie Seasons said...

Hi Krisin,

I actually work on part of the online PR team for Handi-Vac. I'm sure I could wrangle one up for you if you want to try it :)

Val said...

If you want to keep it simple which I think is the best way, just use ziploc freezer bags. It is the simplest and cheapest way to me.

Mississippi Songbird said...

I do the ziplock baggies too.. I've not tried the Handi vac before.. Good Luck..